Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Last night L and I went to see Howard Dean. This rally was unbelievable -- not that I've been to a lot. The crowd was so energized. Once Dean actually got to the stage the crowd would have applauded him for saying two words and leaving. I swan. My sister didn't even know about Dean before Sunday night, but she got totally into it last night. It was a very neat experience, and made me more sure that he is the candidate for me. At the end, he was yelling at the crowd, "You have the power" and it brought to mind the "Simon Zealotes" song in "Jesus Christ Superstar". I was probably the only one to think of that. Anyway - there were tons of people at this rally.

However, I watched KVUE-24 last night because I figured L and I might be on the news. Their story on the Dean rally was more like an ad for Bush. It started out by saying, "Most people don't know who Howard Dean is" with the reporter asking "people on the street" who Howard Dean is. The people on the street spot is such a campaign tool, I can't believe his boss let him get away with it. Anyway, the report showed about five seconds of Dean and 25 seconds of people saying he doesn't have the name recognition. They didn't show the huge amounts of people there, instead choosing to focus on about 4 single faces in the crowd. If I had been Joe Blow watching at home and seeing this "small" crowd for this "unknown" candidate, I wouldn't give Dean the time of day. So there you go - our "liberal" media at work. I'm so glad we have a local media that speaks for us (HAAA!). I never watch that channel since Belo took it over, and every time I flip on it for just a second it disgusts me. ACK! It frightens me that I prefer the Time-Warner run local station to the other "local" stations.

Okay, that rant is over. I'm so glad it's Tuesday.

CD of the day: Sting Fields of Gold. Sting's greatest hits. My fave is "Why Should I Cry for You?".