Thursday, April 01, 2004

I watched Shattered Glass last night


It's funny, when it came out, I had no desire at all to see it. Partly, I think, because of Hayden Christiansen's excerebrose performance in "SWII: Clones". It is a fascinating film, though. Disturbing, enthralling, submerging, and fascinating. It boggles the mind how people just believed so many of his fake stories. I loved the way the film told the story. I was even surprised at the ending (not him getting caught, I knew that would happen). I'm keeping the film to watch with the commentary, since one his editors is doing it along with the director. I haven't read much of The New Republic, but I bet I used it as a reference for papers in school.

The story that ruined him: Forbes.com: Lies, damn lies and fiction
Index of Glass' fraudulent works: a tissue of lies
Buy Glass' book from amazon: The Fabulist