Tuesday, April 20, 2004

not Pope Alexander

I realize that I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind weeks ago and never wrote about it here. I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. I mean, Jim Carrey! Ugh! I loved it, though. The music is wonderful, the lighting fits the picture, the acting is great, the writing amazingly good, blah blah blah. I love the surprises they throw at you and adore the order (disorder?) of the film. You think you've got it all figured out, but you don't. It is definitely the best mainstream film I've seen so far for 2004.

Sidenote - I guiltily admit I want to see 13 Going on 30. Jennifer Garner has become one of my favorite current actresses through her work in Alias. I like her enough that I went to see Daredevil when it was out. I'm sure this movie will be better than Daredevil. It doesn't take much.