Thursday, August 05, 2004

Christian counterculture?

I just happened upon the manifesto(pdf file) of the Christian counterculture movement. I was looking for lyrics to Sam Phillips' song "One Day Late" ("Help is coming/ help is coming/ one day late/ one day late"), and found a site that sells her CDs, which is affiliated with this movement. I'm going to research more, because I'm not sure I've got an absolute grasp on their thought. Would Christian counterculture be more conservative or less conservative than our current mainstream Christianity?

If they appreciate Sam Phillips, they can't be too conservative.

update: by sifting through a couple of their online newsletters, I find that they are indeed quite conservative. I wonder, who set this movement up? Who is behind it? and why are they selling Sam Phillips CDs?

the christian counterculture project