Friday, September 03, 2004

I know he didn't!

I'm reading my headlines of the day from the NYTimes and I see this as the quotation of the day:

"Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas
is called 'walking.' Now and then I come across as a little too blunt
- and for that we can all thank the white-haired lady sitting right
up there."
- GEORGE W. BUSH

You know, I think even here in Texas we'd call it a swagger. I'd say a large percentage of Austinites would term it a "damn arrogant" swagger at that. Gawd, it pisses me off when he says stuff like this. Let's just further that growing stereotype of Shrub as an arrogant cowboy, shall we? Who thought that was a good idea?

Mainly it angers me because I've lived in Texas all my life, and here is this ignorant man representing my state and claiming citizenship. Ack!