Wednesday, September 15, 2004

my boss and Hurricane Ivan

My boss and her husband went to New Orleans this weekend for their anniversary and were supposed to fly out today. They assumed they wouldn't be able to get an earlier flight out. Only problem is, the airport is closed. So they are stuck in the fifth floor of a hotel in New Orleans. My mom (who I work with also) thinks they will be back by Friday. I told her I seriously doubt that. The earliest they might be able to get back to Austin would be some time this weekend. How are they going to get out of town with 18-20 inches (edit: feet?) of rain? I asked why they couldn't rent a car and get out of Dodge, but it seems they'd rather stick it out.

I feel badly for them, but I'm still taking Friday off to go the ACL Festival. We have a really small office staff, but I've asked someone to come in for part of the day to help out. Hopefully my boss will be back next week! We'll have to wait and see.

Hurricane Ivan Roars Toward Gulf Coast

update 9/16: My boss and her husband will be flying out this afternoon, and she'll be in to work tomorrow. I'm a tad disappointed I won't get to hear about the adventure.