Monday, November 03, 2003

Cho and Chopin


Earlier today I thought about joining Blogs4God, but then I read some sample blogs (along with the rules for adding a site) and I realize that I probably criticize the more evangelical Christians too much to share a search engine with them.

This week will be hellacious. At least my weekend was pretty restful. I finished Margaret Cho's I'm the One that I Want in one night. It is a pretty basic read, but it made me very thankful for my pretty-much happy childhood. It is horrible when you think about what hell children put each other through. At least she is doing alright for herself now! More power to her.

I talked to R last night and told her what I'd been up to in the past year and a half. My life sounded somewhat pitiful in summation like that. Overall, I don't think it is, but when you compare what I've been doing to going to law school, or going to med school and getting married, it doesn't seem like I've done anything very big. Oh well. I think I have grown in these past years, even though my accomplishments may seem minimal to me at this point. I keep feeling that what I'm doing just isn't enough.

Enough of that rant.

I'd like to make a sidenote here: I have gotten 2 emails wondering about Bill Murray's ringtone from Lost in Translation, referenced in this past post. To all who ask - it is from a work by Chopin, and on the T-Mobile site that I downloaded it from it is called "Fantasi Impromptu". I'm not sure if that is the correct title - I am more familiar with Chopin's sound than with the titles of his works. When I was in college, I would go to the music library and put on a CD of Chopin's works for piano to study to. Either that or Bernstein's Candide, Mozart's Marriage of Figaro or Gershwin's Piano-Roll compositions.

Feel free to email me anytime - I hope this helps anybody who is wanting to know.

CD of the day: Seal, IV. I've got "Love Divine" on repeat.