Tuesday, January 20, 2004

you are in Io-way

After the caucus results I had to look up how the system works. Here's an article with a somewhat silly approach, but it works.

Like jury duty? You'll love caucuses

I was surprised by the results in Iowa, especially the placing of Edwards (and the upcoming campaign-ending for Gephardt). I think people make the caucuses a bigger deal than they really are. But good for Iowa to get all that publicity every 4 years.

I think New Hampshire will show us the real thing. And if that's Kerry, so be it. As long as it ain't Lieberman!!! I am hoping for Dean, obviously, as I link to his site from mine. I think he's got a good chance, as long as the press gets off his back.

I studied the media and its treatment of politics in college, and that was before Fox News. Or at least before it got so popular. The way the press treats candidates fascinates me and disgusts me sometimes. They pick an early candidate and turn against him (except Bush - he can do no wrong).

The thing about living in Texas is that I seriously doubt I'll get to see any political ads. I love analyzing those.