Thursday, February 19, 2004

Not only a girl, but terrible, too


Colorado Puts Football Coach on Leave:
"'It was obvious Katie was not very good. She was awful. You know what guys do? They respect your ability. You can be 90 years old, but if you can go out and play, they'll respect you. Katie was not only a girl, she was terrible. O.K.? There's no other way to say it.'"

K told me about this falderal last night. How horrible for Katie. I find it interesting that she came out with her story to Sports Illustrated of all magazines. I'm sure they cover women in sports seriously, but they do a swimsuit issue, you know.

I wonder what this coach was thinking as he made his comments. Did he not recall that Colorado has a female president? I don't know much about this guy, but apparently there was a lot going on that was problematic in Colorado's football program. I'm glad they're working to clean it up, and that Katie was able to tell her story.