Monday, May 03, 2004

Irony or hypocrisy, whichever

Yesterday while at the gym, I read my new issue of Mother Jones. I was especially interested by the article which discussed the "lightness" of blogs. The author seems to think that political blogs should not be taken seriously. He did admit to being addicted to blogs, but then goes on to dismiss them.

Why did this article interest me so? Well, first of all, I keep a blog (really two) and I do depend on blogs and other internet news sources for my news (along with NPR). I don't read the newspaper, except for the alternative weekly which I don't really get for the news articles. Second of all, as you can tell by my blogroll and previous entries, Mother Jones has a blog! I read it often and take what I read there quite seriously.

Do they not take their own blog seriously? If so, why have one at all? I wait to be enlightened. If anyone saw this article and read it differently, please let me know.