Friday, May 07, 2004

Rummy

My thoughts on the questioning of Rumsfeld

Well, I was trying to work and listen to the questioning at the same time, so I don't know how much I actually caught. What I did note:

- that Senator from Maine has the most ANNOYING voice ever. My boss pointed out that maybe she was reading. I think that makes it worse! Can you imagine listening to a speech she made in Congress? I'd fall asleep! I kept waiting for her to get to the point, and it took forever for her to do so. I was surprised to discover she's a Republican.

- Mark Dayton rocks! I voted for him while I still lived in Minnesota, and I'm so glad I did. He really socked it to those guys.

- I was not surprised at the evasiveness of the Secretary. However, I was surprised to hear him admit that it might be best for the country for him to resign. I think he said, "That might be the case" or something to that effect. But he doesn't think it's needed at this time.