Monday, October 04, 2004

a note from Pastor Greg

Preachers like this make me happy to be a Presbyterian.

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg M----
To: undisclosed-recipients
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 8:31 AM
Subject: Our Church Family


I want to share with you a part of a message that was left on our answering machine at church late Saturday afternoon. It seems that a certain man had read my article in the Statesman yesterday promoting the Arts Festival and the need to come together, celebrating our differences in the transforming beauty of religious art. This particular gentleman was obviously concerned that such tolerance probably meant that we must be a "Homosexual Heretic Church.' He wanted me to know that he was praying for my dark soul and that God would remove from (the church) its blasphemous ways.

It is just such calls that make me more sure than ever that the course we have taken to be "deliberately diverse and fully inclusive" is indeed of God. I am proud to be a pastor of such a courageous family of faith. Please join us this Sat. for the Arts Festival. Let us make everyone who chooses to gather at this festival know that they are loved by God.

Our calling is clear: Faith, Hope, Love abide, these three. But the greatest of these is Love.

Thank you for being you.
Greg