Thursday, February 03, 2005

Jim Wallis last night

I was able to catch Jim Wallis last night at BookPeople. He was just as amazing as I remembered from meeting him in college. He got the crowd excited and took some questions from the audience. My mom and I were able to get chairs since we went there straight after work. A large crowd had slowly formed by the time Jim started speaking. He remarked on his visit to "The Daily Show" and on the importance of REAL moral values in society and politics today. As he says, "Jesus was not pro-rich, pro-war, or pro-America-only" (I've paraphrased). He also commented that although Bush is a pious man, his theology is completely wrong. For all of my loyal readers in other areas of the nation, I urge you to catch this man in person. Read more about the tour, the author, and order the book already!