Wednesday, November 05, 2003

the quick and the dead

I agree with all eight of these points, so now I know I am definitely a Progressive Christian. I feel so modern. I looked up registered Progressive Presbyterian churches in Texas, and the only one listed is the one I went to in college. How cool is that! Grand Ave. rocks!

Apparently some self-righteous conservative Southern Baptist bigwig has lashed out at this Center for Progressive Christianity. Read more about it here. The Rev. Dr. Mohler made the comment:
"But liberal Christianity is not in need of a wake up call. The dead do not answer alarms."

Therefore, I speak from the dead. As Allen at The Right Christians says:
"I will gladly count myself among the dead. For "I" was buried with Christ by baptism into death. It is no longer "I" who lives but Christ who lives in me. "

Amen.