Monday, December 22, 2003

Elizabeth's top 10 Christmas songs:

1. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, the Three Stooges version.
2. Christmas Time is Here, Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack
3. The Shepherd's Farewell, by Berlioz. I like the Cambridge Singers performance of it. I think this song ties with Rutter's What Sweeter Music. Both are just lovely.
4. The Christmas Song, sung by Nat King Cole
5. Blue Christmas, covered by Sheryl Crow
6. Oh, Santa, Veggietales.
7. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, sung by Judy Garland
8. He Shall Feed His Flock/Come Unto Him, from Handel's Messiah. That ties with For unto us a child is born.
9. Dave Matthews' Christmas Song. I usually don't care for him, but this is a great song. That ties with Natalie Merchant's version of Children, go Where I Send Thee.
10. John Lennon's Happy Christmas/War is Over. I like Melissa Etheridge's version a lot.

Favorite Christmas carols tomorrow. Best Christmas movies on Wednesday.