Monday, December 01, 2003

I didn't buy nothing


I don't know why, but I always forget about Buy Nothing Day! I remember a few days before, but then I forget. So I went shopping this Friday. Honestly, I really needed to. I had pre-ordered X2 and then cancelled it since it wasn't even sent out by Tuesday evening. I went to Best Buy on Friday (quel nightmare) and bought it. It's so awesome!

I also saw Elf on Friday. And you should go see it if you haven't already. I think I laughed about every five minutes, at least. It is very quotable and I was able to see the kid from The Christmas Story. He plays an elf and I almost missed him. "You'll shoot your eye out!"

I was asked to be vice-president of the board of MDC. When considering the position, one of the first things I thought of was, now I have something to put in the alumni magazine! I don't want to think too much about what that says about me. I do know that I'm not gonna have any wedding or babies anytime soon, so I should enjoy the items I can brag about. I am going to take the position. I wonder what the rest of the board will think, b/c you really can only go up from VP. I talked to the incoming president about her goals for MDC, and I'm trying to come up with all of mine. My main goal is to fix the web page. The current page is outdated, has lots of dead links and doesn't really represent what MDC is all about.

I talked to S last night (for two hours) and he gave me some good recommendations to work with.

I don't know why I'm trying to fit my Thanksgiving weekend into a single blog entry, but I think I've done an okay job of it.

Here's a cool link related to Buy Nothing Day and simplifying your holiday:
Simplify the Holidays - the Center for a New American Dream