Wednesday, January 21, 2004

"the whim of one brutal man"

I did indeed watch the State of the Union speech last night. I had my Tom Paine scorecard in front of me and on the other side of it, I actually took notes. Here are my notes, in all their glory:

NUCLEAR
terrorists v. civilized world
Patriot Act an essential tool
Democrats clapped at comment on expiration of Patriot Act
"nucular"!!
Afghanistan a free nation
we "enforced the demands of the United Nations" Bull.
BULL
"the whim of one brutal man"
never mind the lies . . . we'll applaud them away.
"liberation of Iraq"
the facts
Ted Kennedy shaking his head.
"Al Salvador" (who's he?)
"America will never seek a permission slip"
forward strategy of freedom
National Endowment for Democracy
"no ambitions of empire"??!!?
American people using $ better than gov. would have
growing prosperity of country
relief from federal regulation?
"I oppose amnesty"
"meet my veto"
association health plans
he talks about drugs?!!?
school drug testing
abstinence $
steroid use??
institution of marriage
the will of judges!!
sick pandering a--
"Ashley Pierson"
say thanks but cut their benefits
Where is this $ coming from?
Iraq - too many times
Sept. 11 - at least 3
Don't use God! He doesn't (only) belong to you.

I was planning on writing something here, but there is just too much to go off on. Seriously. I thought the Democratic response was well-said. I'm glad Nancy Pelosi mentioned that the reasons we went to war are unclear.