Monday, November 15, 2004

PC(USA) and Israel, vol. 3

This is my third post on the topic. My dad e-mailed me a link to this article about the Presbyterian Church (USA) headquarters in Louisville receiving a threatening letter.
The handwritten letter, received Wednesday at the church's Louisville headquarters, threatened to set churches on fire while people were inside in retaliation for "anti-Israel and anti-Jewish attitudes," Jerry L. Van Marter, director of the Presbyterian news service, said Saturday.
Links to my previous posts:

B'nai B'rith and Presbyterians - Oct. 2004
Presbyterian Church USA and Israel - Aug. 2004

The official PCUSA news release has more information. I find this all very disturbing - not only as a Presbyterian, but as a concerned citizen. All because the church is looking into removing financial backing from "select companies that profit from sales of products or services that cause harm to Palestinians or Israelis or both." Sheesh.