Wednesday, December 29, 2004

God is watching us. . . from a distance

I wasn't going to do an entry on the tsunami. What can I say? It is so terribly sad. I have been stirred into blogging action by three of my regular reads today.

First, this morning I read Keith Olbermann's thoughts on the tsunami and the fact that there were warnings that could have been made, but weren't because of the tourists.

Then later on in the day I read Scott Bateman's comic on Bush's hypocrisy in this situation. The part that gets me is the line, "Meanwhile, the administration is spending two- to three-times that amount on Bush's inauguration."

Finally, I read Cap'n Pete's wise entry on the irony of America not being hit by such a large disaster.

I am going to donate money, and I hope you will, too, to some of the fine organizations working to help the victims. Just a few of them are:

World Vision
American Friends Service Committee
Doctors without Borders

You can see a much larger list of helping agencies at Network for Good.

I just got a rebate for contacts in the mail yesterday, and am going to donate that money to World Vision. It seems only right.

(edited, because I can)