Monday, June 23, 2003

I thought of this song upon receiving an email from a friend and have since had it in my head. I don't think these lyrics I found are completely accurate - I believe the correct lyric is:
"Jesus said Mother I couldn't stay another day longer
Flies right by and leaves a kiss upon her face. . ."
Anyway, the main lyric in my head has been:
"You cast aside the sheets, you cast aside the shroud
of another man, who served the world proud
You greet another son, you lose another one
on some sunny day and always (you'll) stay
Mary. . ."
I added the "you'll". Patty Griffin is an awesome songwriter. When I was on the Campus Activities Board of my school, we tried to get her to come, but she cost way too much for us. Ah well.

The puppy is resting on the floor by the door until the UPS guy comes. It's the cutest thing. Just because she hangs out in the front area where my desk is people who don't know any better assume she's mine. I don't have a puppy yet. I probably won't for a few years.

Is it 5:30 yet?