Thursday, June 19, 2003

Maybe I should move to Canada. . .


Wow, this is faith week for me, ain't it? I am a practicing Presbyterian and I just found out about this story from Tom Paine. The relationship between homosexuals and the Presbyterian Church has always been rocky. As a rule (and as mentioned in the article), gay and lesbian people cannot be ministers in the Church because it goes against the rule that states that a minister must be either married or practicing chastity (ha!). I have tended to be somewhat ambivalent on this issue; I just haven't known what to think. But I think removing a preacher for performing same-sex marriages is going to far. Canada is ahead of us on every front.

Locally, Governor Goodhair (Rick Perry) has officially called for a special session on redistricting. What can be done now? Are the Republicans even listening to their constituents? Ack! Karl Rove, the great puppeteer, is to blame here.

Other than that, my day is going reasonably well. . . I am auditioning tonight for a local choral ensemble. I hope it goes well!

CD of the day: Tori Amos, Scarlet's Walk. L still has my FOW CD. . .