Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Sunday we went to the new Target and I bought stuff that I don't really need. This is good to do every once in a while. I bought the new Liz Phair album (I've already memorized "Rock Me"), two chick-lit books, makeup, and a Milka bar. I love that the Target is so close!

I signed the paperwork for my new apartment. I'm so glad to be moving - this weekend I discovered there is/was a mouse in my kitchen. It broke into my loaf of bread and graham crackers. Maintenance came in yesterday and I think scared him off. But now I have a sticky mouse trap on my kitchen floor. *sigh* Only a few more weeks. . .

I will probably have to work late again this evening. And I think M is going to meet me for dinner. . . actually his idea. Well, going out to dinner was. I'm kinda surprised, because I am usually the one to ask to get together. Maybe he is leaving for France soon; I have my mind on August and have been preoccupied.

Why I'm preoccupied with August:
1. this weekend - I pack and help J move some stuff to Houston. We will shop for a dress for me to wear for V's wedding. Then J officially moves to Houston on Monday. =(

2. Next Wednesday I drive up to Plano to pick K up from the airport. We bum around in the Dallas area til V's wedding on the 9th. K flies back Sunday the 10th.

3. The 16th - I move into my new apartment. Well, I start moving in. I haven't done any change of address forms yet. I should probably get on that ASAP.

Understandably, I have a lot on my mind. But I'm not frazzled. Yet!

I could talk about the current events, but I just can't even think about them right now. It frustrates me more.

Although - I recommend you read what Josh says about Rick Perry's plans to round up the state senators hiding out in New Mexico: Now, that's classic. It is so tempting to move to New Mexico. It's a gorgeous state with great food, a great Democrat governor, and my best friend. Hmmm. It's so tempting.

And here's a link to a great article (front-page) on Dean by the NY Times. Yay!

Okay, that's enough for now.

CD of the week: Liz Phair, Liz Phair. A few of the songs lean towards the poppy side, but I enjoy most of them. I don't know what to think about "H. W. C." Not a song I really want stuck in my head, that's for sure!