Monday, August 11, 2003

My mini-break was very nice. It wasn't really much of a break, because I kept busy the whole time, but at least I wasn't working!

Here's the rundown of my days off:

Weds - drove to Plano, picked up K at the airport, ate dinner with P and E, stole glances at MG, met V at Target and we all went to Chili's, learned the story behind our waiter's hickies.

Thursday - went to the Women's Museum (which wasn't as great as I thought it would be). Since I already took Gender Studies and Women's History in America, it was no new information. Although - the little music area is cool. We spent way too long at the museum, ate California Pizza Kitchen and drove back to Plano. Since it was MG's birthday, we stayed at the house that night and watched Contact with him, drinking Kahlua and milk.

Friday - went to the Dallas Museum of Art, which doesn't open until 11am. How silly. We checked out the modern art and the exhibit on Renoir in Algeria. We got a little lost on the way to V's apartment (I was driving and I need specific directions!), then we ate spaghetti and I left K there. I drove back to Plano, read some Grace Paley short stories, then met KR at a certain numbered theatre . We ate Italian and gossiped about the love lives of others and the lack of ours, and then we saw Agatha Christie's The Hollow. It was a really good show, and didn't cost me anything, since KR works there. I got a little lost on the way out there, but got back to Plano with no problems. I was invited to go to V's bachelorette party, but I refuse to go to any form of a strip club, male or not. So I stayed up til 2am watching campy "Dr. Who" on KERA and waiting for K to get to the house.

Saturday - the wedding, finally! It rained, of course. K sang "Ave Maria" and the groom's sister amazed us all with a lack of any musical talent. I was biting my program - that's how bad she was. Ugh. The reception was at Southfork, of "Dallas" fame, and was lots of fun. I tried to nap after that, but didn't really succeed. We met KR at Bennigan's where I got a strong Mojito and then went back to the house. E had "Sabado Gigante" on, but it hurt my brain to try and translate it all so I read some more. Later we borrowed MG's copy of Drunken Master and started dozing before it was over.

Sunday - E fixed us enchiladas (REALLY SPICY) for breakfast, we chatted with MG and P, then I dropped K off at the airport and headed on home.

FYI - P is my grandfather, E is his third wife and MG is her son (only 2 years older than me and NOT a blood relation).

It went by so quickly and I wish I could have chatted some more with MG. He's so very nice to look at. K agrees and flirted with him.

Anyway, now I'm back at work. I have to pack every night this week.

I called my phone company to set up at my new apartment, and the guy says, "we may have to give you a new number." The guy I talked to a few weeks ago told me I would be able to keep my number!

That's all for now. I'll have more later on why I want to be Episcopalian and other such issues.

CD of the day: Phil Collins, Hits.