Tuesday, October 21, 2003

morning sidenotes. . .

1) This morning I caught the video for Brad Paisley's "Celebrity" and it made me laugh out loud. Look out for it -- if you like funny social commentary or cute country singers.

2) On my way to work I noticed a construction sign flashing "John", then "3:16". I thought, well, do they think that will really convert people? It confused me, because I thought it was going to tell me that John Street was going to be closed soon. Where is John Street? Then the "3:16" flashed and I thought, Oh, those crazy Christians. People who think that putting a Bible verse on a flashing construction sign will bring in the heathens amaze me. All you are doing is confusing the driving public, who will think that some non-existent John Street will be closed soon.

3) I am not used to gawky teenagers scoping me out. One did this morning by the high school on my trip to work and I just stared right back at him. That'll teach him. Yeah.

More later about my weekend - I've got to do an entry about the lovely and Hi-larious Sarah Bird.