Monday, October 13, 2003

What went wrong?

I finished watching "Truth, War and Consequences" this morning. I was left with a very disappointed feeling. What a sad state of affairs. Go to this site to read more about it. There are interviews and discussions that weren't in the show. One I am interested in reading is the cameraman's account of a shooting in Iraq. I was very disturbed by the soldier's reaction to finding out they had shot an innocent bystander (who was 5 feet away from the cameraman). *sigh* Here is what I'm talking about.

An excerpt from Anger's account:
"I never found out what the fistfight was about or why a man died on that hot sidewalk in Baghdad. I can understand the American soldiers being hot, tired and probably scared. But they overreacted. To compound the mistake, they incorrectly claimed that there had been a gunman in the crowd to justify their actions."