Wednesday, January 28, 2004

I take on the Oscar noms


First of all, I am very happy with the nominations this year. They almost make me have faith in the Academy's system.

Happy surprises:
4. Patricia Clarkson nominated for Pieces of April. I was sure that since this was such a small film, she wouldn't be recognized. I loved this film and her performance, so this made me happy.

3. Four Oscar nominations for Finding Nemo. I knew it would be nominated for Best Animated Film, but was very glad that it was also nominated for Best Music, Original Screenplay, and Sound Editing. Yay!

2. Keisha Castle-Hughes nominated for Whale Rider. This amazed me. Her performance was great, but I figured since the movie came out so long ago, she didn't have a chance (even for supporting actress)! It's probably a long-shot for her to win, but it would be great if she did.

1. THE BIGGEST SHOCKER - The academy nominated "A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow" from A Mighty Wind for Best Song. I prefer "When You're Next to Me", but I'm so excited that they recognized this film in any way. I hope Mitch and Mickey get to perform it on Oscar night. That alone is worth watching for. Seriously.

Full list of Oscar nominees