Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Thanks, NPR!

I actually paid attention to a presidential debate today. We had a cleaning day at the office and I listened to the debate while cleaning/organizing the copy room. Both Kucinich and Leiberman made excellent points today when discussing the impact their faith has on their politics. I completely agreed with them. If you are a religious person of any kind, your religion impacts your politics. Even Gephardt said he believes in the "gospel of helping the poor". Leiberman made the point that we cannot let Republicans think they OWN religion. I am disappointed in Dean when it comes to this point. He said, my religion doesn't affect my politics.

Mine does, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Democrats need to face the fact that the majority of Americans believe that their religion is important to who they are. We need to learn to deal with this in some way or fashion. Religion does not equal bad. Closed-minded people are bad, but religion is not.