Friday, November 19, 2004

Thoughts somewhat related to Clinton

A while ago, on our way back to Texas from Minnesota, we drove through Missouri and Arkansas. We ate dinner at The Kettle in Hope, AR and my parents took a picture (although we can't find it) of my sister and I standing alongside the sign at the Kettle which read: "Welcome to Hope, Brithplace(sic) of Bill Clinton". This was back in 94? I think. Part of the reason we went through Missouri was to check out Westminster College, because I thought it might be the school for me (it wasn't).

Another random semi-related-to-Clinton memory for me was when the college choir I was in visited Little Rock. It seemed that every home-stay we had was related to Clinton somehow. The home-stay I had was with a woman whose sister was working with Clinton in DC. Her daughter had a letter from Barbra Streisand with an autographed picture framed up on the wall, because apparently her sister told Barbra how much she loved Yentl. I kid you not.

I remember being surprised at how pretty Little Rock was. It was not at all what I expected. But I have a feeling Austin isn't like a lot of people expect, either.

Hugo's Thoughts on Clinton