Monday, September 29, 2003

This week is going to be busy. The past two have been and this one is no different. All I can do is look forward to the weekend.

This past weekend I got my hair cut and highlighted and watched "Holes" (about as good as the book, which says a lot) and some old episodes of "Sex and the City". And I read some, cleaned some, and went to the gym. I love weekends like that.

I watched Alias last night and was confused. This whole "gone for two years" thing is pretty whack. I do love watching such intense television though. The only new show I can really see myself getting hooked on is that Joan of Arcadia. The idea is pretty novel and I really liked the first episode. the other new shows I viewed were:

Two and a Half Men - the writing is pretty stinky, but it's Jon Cryer! If anyone deserves a hit TV show, he does. I can't see myself watching it much, but it doesn't suck!
Cold Case - very neat show. I really like the strength of the main character. But why was her partner shooting up at the office? Does he have diabetes? Huh? I might watch this show, except it's on when The Simpsons are. I actually forgot they were on at all last night until 10pm. Whoops!
The Lyon's Den - Watching this show after Alias was not a good idea. It just can't compare. It is a tad melodramatic and I didn't really sympathize with any character - except maybe the paralegal, played by David Krumholz (see 10 things I hate about you). I don't think I'll make a point to catch it.

So my TV schedule is basically the same as last year:
Monday - nothing.
Tuesday - 7pm - Gilmore Girls, 9pm - Queer Eye (it takes Judging Amy's spot).
Wednesday - nada.
Thursday - 7pm Friends, 7:30 Scrubs, 8pm CSI, 9pm Without a Trace.
Friday - 7pm Joan of Arcadia, 8:30 Life with Bonnie, 9pm Boomtown (maybe. After the season premiere I am unsure if it will stack up to last year. Their format has changed and Vanessa Williams is now on it. We'll see.)
Saturday - no way.
Sunday - 7pm Simpsons, and King of the Hill, whenever that's on. 8pm Alias.

So how many hours of TV is that? 8 or 9? That's enough. Throw in Curb your enthusiasm and Monk when those come back on.

CD of the weekend: Seal, Seal IV. I LOVE "Waiting for You". Overall, a great album. My impulse buy at Target. =)