Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Last night L and I were watching The Music Man and I told her about that show that Al Franken was on a few years ago which was based in a newsroom, "Lateline". On one of the shows they were covering the demise of Buddy Hackett, except he hadn't really died. It was so funny - they showed him in a hospital bed calling the reporters schmucks and so on. Then I find out this morning he really did die yesterday! How ironic is that? How sad that Buddy Hackett is gone, though. He was so funny.

I didn't sleep well last night at all. I did finish Ann Patchett's The Magician's Apprentice. I think she is my new favorite author. Or shall I say, has joined the ranks of my favorite authors. I have more than a few.

I wanna go back to bed . . .

CD of the day: Aimee Mann, Bachelor No. 2