Sunday, June 29, 2003

At my parents house doing laundry. It's a Sunday, what's new?

Last night I went to Kerbey Lane with M and we talked about Paris, Spain and all these other places I can't afford to go. Apparently he is going to try for Loyola Law School after his fall sojourn in France at Monet's gardens. Anyway, he told me that his cousin from Houston took her best friend to the airport on her way to Baghdad. Her friend will be working there for a year, making a six-figure salary. He looked at me and said, "She works for some Houston company, I can't remember what. . ." Jokingly, I said, "It's not Halliburton, is it?" He answered, "Yes! That's it!" and I burst out laughing. Although it isn't really very funny.

Sidenote: Kerbey Lane Cafe has the best queso EVER. I'm not lyin'.

No other anecdotes to relate. Although - Genesis' "So This is the World We Live In" just popped into my head. Does anyone else remember the video for that song? I remember it was one of the first ones I ever saw and it creeped me out.

I'm thinking about posting one of my cloud-inspired poems, I just haven't gotten around to it. . .

I'm off to start A Portrait of a Lady now.