Friday, June 27, 2003

Last night I had a meeting that went from 6:30 to 9pm. I'm glad I had an apple at work before I left, because otherwise, I would feel more guilty about just having ice cream for dinner. Hey! I've gotta have something. I feel strange about the meeting. We only had a third of the board there (a quorum, yet) and we ended up discussing and voting on some BIG issues. I'm wondering how the other members will feel when they find out. . . anyway, I took notes b/c the secretary isn't doing well health-wise right now. I know my notes are not up to par with hers. Ah well.

I started reading The Dive from Clausen's Pier right before I went to bed and am really getting into it. The chapter I just finished ended with the narrator being asked to kiss her "boyfriend-in-a-coma" (well, okay, he's out of it and just had surgery, but I wanted to say it!). His kissing her back was so descriptive, I almost felt it. How strange. I'm also trying to read Portrait of a Lady, but haven't got too far.

No plans for the weekend except to get a car wash. I am hoping I will hear from the apartment complex I visited last weekend soon. I'm on a waiting list and wish I had a more concrete idea of where I might be. I imagine I might hear something after this weekend. As soon as I do, of course, I have to give notice to my complex. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to work it. Moving, you know.

Last night I dreamt that my pal J was in this huge apartment and we were watching some random movie that doesn't exist. All of a sudden I remember she dated Ashton Kutcher two years ago (which in reality, of course, she did not). I tell her, "Isn't it strange that you dated him two years ago and now he's with Demi?" I guess this goes to show that the media inundation is working. Ack! I don't like either of them, since I believe neither can act very well.

Politics - MoveOn is supposed to have results at noon Eastern time today. I'm really wondering if any candidate got over 50% of the vote. But who knows?

As for Strom Thurmond passing, I have nothing nice to say, so I won't say a thing. I could though, I really could.

And the anti-sodomy bill being voted unconstitutional - yay! But as for the justices who said this ruling promotes the homosexual agenda - I have one word to say. Bulls**t.

And that's all about office-worker girl small. for now.

CD of the Day: Guster, KIT - in my car now.