Monday, July 07, 2003

After a three-day weekend, I am back. This weekend was a bit strange because we didn't really do anything specifically Independence Day-related. Just watched movies, read books, and went shopping! It was definitely a nice break.

Random notes from my weekend:

1. While watching I love 1987 on VH1, I was excited to see my oft-quoted anti-drug PSA shown as the Public Service Announcement of 1987. Let me set the stage for you - teenage boy on bed listening to headphones. Dad comes in with a cigarbox full of some drug, let's assume pot. He confronts boy, "Where did you get this? Who gave this to you?" and such questions. Boy stonewalls him until it becomes too much and finally yells out, "YOU, alright? I learned it by watching you!!" The ad concludes with some comment like parents who have drugs shouldn't expect any more from their own kids. I started quoting the "I learned it by watching you" phrase in high school, inspired by this ad, and screamed "Oh my God!" as soon I saw the first shot of the ad. After all these years. . .it's still a damn cheesy ad. =)

2. Had some strange dreams. Saturday night I dreamed that I had to spend the night at church on a pullout couch. I woke up in my dream and couldn't figure out where I was. Then I woke up in real life and was utterly confused. AIM also figured prominently in my dream. I remember at one time, D was sitting across a desk from me and as we chatted I stroked his hand. Then he went back to AIM world and my dream went on. The thing is, it wasn't really him, but it was him. And Friday night I dreamed that Jennifer Garner and I were friends and she was marrying this random Indian guy. Her wedding dress was white and consisted of white tiers with fruit and pudding cups on them. Huh? There's more that I have forgotten now. And last night I dream that I am back at AC, going to classes. Except I skip two of my morning classes and just go to choir. I get to choir and after sitting for a while, comment loudly that I don't understand why I'm there, since I graduated in 2000. Then I run out. As I'm doing this, I realize that I'm not wearing pants, but am okay with that. What? And why was Neil from my high school at my college? Huh?

3. Antwone Fisher is an awesome movie and I strongly recommend it. At one point in the film I felt a strong desire to join the navy. It's that good. =) Ha!

If I find any news to comment on, I will. . .

CD of the day: Dolly Parton, The Grass is Blue. I listened to "I Still Miss Someone" on repeat.