Wednesday, July 02, 2003

This morning I woke up at 6:15 and couldn't get back to sleep. So I went ahead and took my shower. I listen to NPR in the shower and the local person said it was 8:20. I thought she had read the time wrong so I thought nothing of it. As soon as I finished my shower, however, I ran out to my microwave clock which read 8:35. So I don't know what happened, but my alarm clock got an hour and 45 minutes off. Did the power go off? In my sleep did I turn my clock back? I have no idea. I was so confused, I thought perhaps I had slept for days! Perhaps it was already Friday! But no, it is Wednesday and I was late for work.

At least I slept well.

I didn't go to the hearing last night because I knew I would be well-represented. The Statesman covers it today. There is a map with the article that shows the current and proposed redistricting. I had to print it out; it is not as far out as the last proposed maps were. But I still fear that minority votes will not be recognized. At least Travis County isn't divided as ridiculously as it had been, but still . . .

This is just a ridiculous waste of our money - this special session on redistricting. Our schools are dying and the taxpayers money is funding this stupid special session. Argh.

CD of the day: FOW, Welcome Interstate Managers on random play in my car. Since I was in a hurry this morning I didn't really get to appreciate much of it.