Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Packing tonight . . . it's so much fun. Actually, I don't mind it so much. It's the unpacking I mind. Last night I attempted to pack while watching Birdman of Alcatraz. The title of this film is misleading - he didn't actually raise any birds in Alcatraz, only at Levinworth. It's a decent film, though a tad melodramatic. I wished I was watching The Manchurian Candidate at certain points - that is a much better Frankenheimer film.

I met with someone for coffee (her) and cinnamon rolls (both of us) this morning. She works for the non-profit I am on the board of and wanted to discuss my goals/dreams for the organization. Somehow we got to talking about blogs, and she asked me what the appeal was. "Why do you want to put your personal thoughts out there for everyone to read?" I told her a) they are extremely user-friendly, b) I like recommending links I find and music/films I love, and c) I don't name names. My friends who read it (a small number) know who they are, and others don't. I also told her that I do have a "real" journal for stuff I don't want anyone else to read (but it's faster and easier to type it here than write long-hand in my book).

I was trying to convince her that the MDC webpage needs serious updating. I think I volunteered myself to help.

CD of the day: Liz Phair, Whip Smart. Great so far - less polished than her new album, so it sounds more original.